![]() |
| District Plottier |
![]() |
| Volcanic Ash |
A more interesting part of my mission as I approach the year mark. My comp says, "Can you believe that you are almost a year in the mission?¨ You bet I can. I have been out here forever. Time does not pass by fast for me. Seeing how people who are in high school treat me however, I feel very old. Youth are stupid. I see them and how they act, and I question myself ¨Was I that stupid and could I still be that way?¨
Last Monday the Volcanic Ash reached Plottier and has been coming on and of ever since. Sometimes it´s completely grey everywhere and usually the sky is grey (which is not normal). In the Cordillera they have over a foot of ash. All the missionaries up there have been confined to their houses for about two weeks. Poor Elders, not having to knock doors. I would love to see the ash up there but I have been called elsewhere. I will be going to Villa Regina in Rio Negro today. It´s about an hour from Neuquen (Salt Lake City to Provo) the opposite side of where I am. It´s Plottier #2. Argentine people and Apple orchards. I´m going to have an Argentine comp which is a first. Kind of nervous about that. Could the missionaries from Argentina be like the people I associate with every day? I guess I will find out. Anyways the ash is very fine and there is not a lot of it here, but it has effected me and others. Elder Asay and I worked in it even when we were called back to the apartment because we didn´t have a phone. I got a little cough, and everyone in town suddenly is sick. If they are sick, or just don´t want to talk to us, I am not sure. The news says it´s not toxic or anything like that. Apparently the ash has now even reached Brazil and other places far far away. Meanwhile Bariloche zone is ashed under.
Leandro is just too awesome. I can´t believe it´s not like this more often with investigators. Someone who does what you ask him to and reads when he has extra time because he likes to? Who goes to church and on time because he wants to? Who is already living the gospel because he wants to be happy? Who shares the gospel because he wants other people to be happy? For real?
He went out with us for times this week to go to lessons and knock doors. He was explaining the need to read the scriptures and go to church to and inactive member when he is not even a member. He says people are prideful. They fear what their friends will say more than they love God. That is why he thinks very few people let us in.
Leandro and Norma are getting married and baptized July 8th. I feel good that I found someone who I shared the gospel with and I can come back in twenty years and still have them be living the gospel.
![]() |
| Elder Reed, Norma, Leandro, and Elder Asay |
Now the familia Acuña. This is the nicest family ever. They are members of over twenty years and the nicest people ever. They love and help everybody and are a couple of almost no active members in the other ward.
Plottier. I have been here since December. A long time. I know this place in and out. Now I leave this place to never come here again with maybe the exception of just passing by. It´s interesting how life works. People, places, and experiences come and go. Sometimes you see them again, but usually not.
I attached a picture of Segundo Roga. He is missing half a foot, has trouble walking, doesn´t understand much and can´t read, falls asleep in church, lives farther than anyone from the church, is probably eighty years old, but is usually one of the first people to arrive at church and one of the most consistent. He broke all the rules. He´s old, lives far, doesn´t understand very well. He is the kind of person I would shun from teaching. He however is almost always at church. I´ve seen faith. I´ve seen it walking on a foot and a half in Argentina early Sunday morning. He was baptized three years ago, and the only member of his family.
Plottier, Chao. Villa Regina, Bienvenidos.
-Elder Reed
![]() |
| Segundo Roga |






No comments:
Post a Comment