Monday, August 16, 2010

Timpanogos

I just got back from Timpanogos. We made it half way up the mountain because we bush-wacked most of the way. We attempted the Orem side since that is where we are. We had to get permission from the AP's to do it. We ran out of water, time, and patience with each other but I had fun and I think Elder Santos did as well. I always enjoy a good six hours of hiking. We only ran into one other guy up there far away from trail and people. We had to run away from him as soon as we saw him. He looked like one of those one with nature people by the way he dressed.
     We had a great week. Amparo got baptized yesterday. He is making huge changes in his life. Once an alcoholic, now a humble seeker of happiness. He is very willing to do all that he needs to to progress in the gospel. Just after the baptism we went and taught an friendly Mexican man with his Argentine friends. He agreed to and set a date to be baptized within the first five minutes of the lesson. We are trying to work better with the wards. If we do not have fellowshippers, the work does not progress. No one seems to be able to get up for church at nine in the morning. They need friends their own age to help them. I'm going to the MTC Wednesday to get my VISA signed and will be leaving for Argentina next Monday, August 23rd. Since I've been telling everyone this, I might as well tell you. Read the Book of Mormon. If it is the word of God, then the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints is exactly what it says it is. If not, it is a lie. Read Moroni 10: 3-5. God will do his part for those who do theirs. Anyways, have a good day everybody. Go hiking (when appropriate) and read your scriptures (every day).
          -Elder Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment