Shawn and his companion, Elder Cooper
People,
So last week something interesting happened. We were walking down the street and someone waved us down to talk to us. He asked us if we wanted to talk on the radio. He would ask some questions and we would answer them. We went in and he put us on air. He asked us really stupid questions like ¨Do you guys drink Yerba Mate?¨ I was kind of nervous about the whole thing. My comp said, You did great! The following day we were at a members house and the member asked if we were on the radio. I asked the member if he heard us. He said no, my friend did who told me about it. He said "He didn't understand a word you said." I still have a long way to go with the accent.
This week not a whole lot went down. Taught some nice people last Tuesday. It was actually very weird--something that usually doesn't happen. Here we were in teaching a couple with their two kids at their kitchen table in an American sized house (means you are well of in Argentina) who were all listening to us and asking us questions. I thought to myself, ¨Wow, this is like one of those pictures they show you of missionaries in primary where a complete family is smiling and giving their undivided attention to the missionaries, in a nice home and environment.¨ A teaching environment like that almost never happens, but this week I didn´t feel so lied to in primary.
We also got somebody in church. We had visited him a couple of weeks ago. He is an old investigator of three years ago. He was riding past the church while we were waiting for other investigators to come in from Chichinales. We said, are you going to come in. He said that he actually had been wanting to for a long while now, so he went back home to drop off his stuff and then came to church like he said he would. A bit of a miracle for me right now.
A little tired of so many people making so many poor choices. Gives me comfort that although most people around me choose for the worse, I do know people who make good decisions in their lives and are happy for it. I even have had the privilege of meeting such people in the mission. Still think about Leandro from my last area. Knowing that there are more people out there like him keeps me going. There are people who will make good choices on their own initiative, they just need us to provide the opportunity. Meanwhile I will continue to try to lend some of my initiative to all the others I am working with to help them start choosing the right as well. Church is true. Eternity is a long time, so make good choices.
-Elder Reed
District Villa Regina
No comments:
Post a Comment