Monday, September 5, 2011

Spring

People,
Spring is here. All the plum trees are blooming along with a number of other trees, which makes things better. Another transfer has gone by and I am starting a new one. This will be my second with Elder Cooper and my 3rd in Villa Regina. Change in the district. Sisters area was whitewashed and they are bringing in Elders. One of them was a companion of a most awesome companion, Elder Sander and it will be good to meet someone who knew the guy. Elder Sander was my companion a year ago and I still think often, what would Elder Sander do in this situation. An Elder who was 100% obedient, very diligent, extremely funny, a patience I have never seen in a person, and a person everyone would follow and liked.
That is one thing I have realized on the mission. This is one of the best if not the best opportunity I will have in my lifetime to become more Christlike. I have so much to work on. It is hard, but what better opportunity than doing what the Savior did for three years. Work and serve as he did.
On Tuesday we visited Barbara and Gabriel. Funny to think that all my investigators have no idea a ton of people are reading about them and that I think about them constantly. Anyways, after great profession to love Christ and truth, they did not read the Book of Mormon. I don´t know what it is with people. There is a veil or cloud in their mind that they put that keeps them from learning. If something threatens their current comfort or state of being they, shove it away although it will save their life in the long run. Kind of like a kid and a vaccination. Anyways, A Bible a Bible, we have a Bible, and we love the Bible. Me too. I love the Bible. There is some really good stuff in there. But, just because I have something that is awesome doesn´t mean I can´t receive more truth and light into my life. See how things will go this week.
We stopped by Enrique and Griselda. Wow, they are good investigators. Do you know why? They are from Tucuman, the same province Leandro is from. I love people from Tucuman. So open minded. They fodged us last week for a number of reasons, but read and Enrique ahead of time had been thinking about what he was going to say in his prayer when we got there. I love people who I can say something to, and instead of going out the other ear it stays. Very happy they are making good decisions.
I went to Choele Choel and Lamarque (2 hours away) to do interviews which took up a day. Fun going all the way out there. Cool eleven year old. He knew everything and more important wanted to get baptized.
Our ward has an attendance of 25-30 every week. There are some really cool members in our ward. They live the gospel and help us out. There are saints wherever you go in the Latin America, even in Villa Regina.
-Elder Reed

1 comment: