Monday, October 24, 2011
A tehuelche
People,
This week came and went. It is good I am here for another transfer. I am learning new life lessons. Also I am happy because I feel like I am starting to see the effects of my work here in Villa Regina. Nelvin didn´t come to church, or hardly anyone did, because they had the presidential elections yesterday. We talked to Nelvin though and he wants to get baptized to change his life. He is making an effort to learn and change his life. I like seeing that, why it´s my only reason why I´m out here. I found a guy who said he was tehuelche. That probably doesn´t mean anything to anyone though. I have been looking for one my entire mission. I thought that they had gone extinct, with only a couple of mixed descendents, but a found a twenty year old guy who claimed to be Teheulche and speak the language and everything. Tehuelches are the native people of this area who were first wiped out by another tribe, the Mapuches, and later the Argentine Army over a hundred years ago. Interesting, because everyone told me there aren´t any more of them either.
Oh, that Elder who had the skin disease was sent home. I feel bad for the guy, because he was one of those Elders who really did like the mission. He only had a few months left. In his place we have an American who is not a missionary. He was down living here with a friend who served a mission here, and they asked him if he wants to serve as a missionary for a transfer. He is preparing to go on his real mission this coming year. Kind of odd, but cool. Doesn´t speak Spanish yet.
-Elder Reed
Labels:
investigators,
missionary life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment