| Foto para zona General Roca |
Monday, November 14, 2011
Viviendo la vida en Villa Regina
People,
So here I am in Villa Regina. Church was good. We are involving ourselves a lot more in church to keep things running. With twenty five active members, things don´t always move so smooth. What we did was we started up a class for all those who don´t have classes. That means I taught Primary and Young Mens for two hours, and gave a talk in sacrament meeting. It´s good to be involved, but sad to see that none of the less actives are willing to get involves(for the time being that is--there is always hope for everyone).
This week? Taught Christian the Word of Wisdom and he said he would stop smoking. We will see how that goes. He is going to get married this week and is going to get baptized the next. Two challenges with him is he slept through church the last two Sundays and his girlfriend is not present in the lessons. Nelvin our Bolivian investigator came to church for the sixth time, but does not want to get to baptized until the 27th of November. I try to explain things clearly, but I question if the message gets across.
With the Familia Salazar who started coming back to church, 20 year old Benjamin got ordained a priest this last Sunday and will baptize his eight year old sister, Lisa. This makes me happy. Hope the guy makes it to his mission, which is in his plans right now. He is a little frustrated with lack of communication in the ward, indifference, etc, but I just try to tell him, hey it´s still the true church.
I absolutely LOVE it when I go into a house, have a sincere couple who try to understand the message I have to share, don´t go to any church because although they believe in God, I share the message, and they get a basic understanding of it. They say ¨yeah, we don´t know what church is true, why people just set up a church in their house and say it´s the true church.¨ I explain priesthood authority and how one must receive it from God. They say ¨yeah, and none of the churches have authority from God¨, I am like yeah, here is the Restoration. Do you believe if you ask God, he can tell you if this is true or a lie? They say ¨yeah, God will always answer our prayers¨. The thing now is to see if they actually understood the message, and that they pray. I have seen it before in Plottier. Very few pray, but there are those few who do. I have hope for these people.
So I hope y´all have a good week. (Seven months living with Texans 24/7 is having its effect).
-Elder Reed
Labels:
investigators,
Villa Regina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment