Monday, May 21, 2012

Member missionaries


People
We have been working with the converts of the last 24 months. We haven´t been able to find most of them, and the ward doesn´t seem to know who they are or where they lived. This has reinforced something I have seen in my mission. If your investigator does not have a friend in the church, they will not make it to full church activity. I have only met one convert in all of my mission who made it without a friend. That is why we are now teaching as much as we can with members, which is a lot because the ward is not only very willing, but want to help us.
We were going to go to a lesson with a member when the investigator canceled the lesson for being sick. We told the member not to come who went anyways without us in order to help our investigator with her kids because she was sick. Wow. It is really nice to be in a ward with a couple members who when you take them to just one lesson with an investigator, take the initiative to do hermanamiento all by themselves.
We are teaching a family from Catamarca. It´s a little frustrating because the woman wants to get married but the man does not. After having been together for twelve years I don´t see what his deal is, but I am sure he will soften up with time. So we have been finding investigators, letting them know why we are there, and in most cases they have told us they are not willing to act (get baptized and keep other commitments) dropping themselves. I hate wasting time with flakes. If I am ever a flake in that I don´t keep my word, tell me, because I hate flakes and the thought of being one makes me feel sick.
The mission is winding down. A missionary from our ward came home Friday. He asked to come out with us on Sunday. He did and after an hour we told him he could go home. He said he didn´t want to and knocked doors with us all night. When we went to his house he was watching a church movie. He says he doesn´t want to be at home but in the mission. In the lessons he taught like a missionary. He was our third companion. He testified as a representatives of Jesus Christ and all of that. My whole mission in Argentina I have wanted to have someone be like, yeah, I just want to do missionary work. I don´t care what we do. Contacts whatever. I felt so good. No worries about making the member be like ¨I´m wasting my time or anything like that.¨ You could see this ex missionary of two days absolutely loved missionary work. In my opinion, someone´s conversion to the gospel is shown by their desires and actions they take to share it.                           -Elder Reed
Ward Party

Elder Reed

Ward building

Another picture of the ward party

Patagonia

No comments:

Post a Comment