Monday, June 18, 2012

The last week of my mission in Argentina!


People,

So this next week is my last week as a missionary. Crazy that this time has come. I feel like I have been a missionary for a long time. This last week was a little slower. We went out with recently returned missionary Jorge Day three times and were fodged at all of our appointments. We were dropped by or lost most of our investigators. We didn´t get anyone to church. This last weekend we passed by some old contacts and found some new investigators. One was the wife of inactive Guido Dickonson, who´s grandparents came from South Africa during the Boer war. He looked American. Another was a guy who lived in New York working in the United Nations. He said he loves Americans. They treated him as a VIP in New York. He asked ¨how many people let you in their houses? I´m sure it is few because Argentines hate Americans¨ I can´t say I disagreed with his comment. We walked by a house that said Familia Ayala on it. That being the last name of my Paraguayan comp I knocked the door and asked the man if he was from Paraguay. He indeed was. We talked a little about Paraguay and had a nice lesson with him. So my time in the mission is winding down. It doesn´t seem to me that it is ending though. There is no variation in the work. We are finding, teaching, and hopefully baptizing. Last week. Wow.




snow






-Elder Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment