Last Tuesday I we had a lesson with Facundo who believes in a bunch of stuff he made up. Anyways as we were trying to teach him he started to ask questions. He began to ask questions I could not answer. Questions I have been asking all of my life. Things I do not understand. Doubts I have. I began to try to answer, to teach but I could not. I could not say anything. I always have had many doubts. I thought why am I here now, trying to teach this college student this stuff, this gospel here in Argentina. Why? The answer came. The Book of Mormon. I said to Facundo I don´t know, I don´t understand, but this I do know. Read the Book of Mormon. Read it with an open heart and mind. Feast on its words, for they are the words of Christ. I can´t explain anything, but I have felt something peaceful, something powerful when I read the Book of Mormon. This power opens my understanding. Answers come. I begin to understand. It testifies of Christ. Who he really is. When I read I get this desire to change, to repent. This power, this feeling I get leads me to change. It removes all of my fears. I begin to do all I can to change, to become happy. It changes my very being. I become clean from all guilt and fear. I do not have the desire to do bad, but the desire to fight for good. I am happy. I want this happiness for others. I want them to feel this peace and power that I have felt, for I at this time really do feel powerful. I have the power to control myself and my life. There is no fear. I know I have done wrong, and that my wrongs need to be paid for. This power tells me that as I change, as I do all I can to repent that these wrongs are paid for. The Book of Mormon testifies of Christ. It testifies that he came and atoned for my sins. I know this.
Read the Book of Mormon. Believe in Christ. Repent. This is happiness.
This was without question the Best week of my mission. We worked hard. We have been working hard. Did I not tell you that I have the best area in the mission. Our area is the second biggest in the mission. There are tons of people here waiting to be taught. We have a strong supportive ward. There is so much work here.
I cannot ask for a better companion than Elder Sander. He is very obedient, very hard working, an very good teacher, and very patient. I have not fought with him once over anything. Unfortunately Saturday the call came and they are going to make a Zone Leader out of him as he finishes his mission. I hear my next companion who is on his way is good though. Elder Sander is sad to leave because this area is on fire.
We have a lot of good investigators we are working with. We keep on finding new ones.
This last conference weekend we worked with the ward who got some of our investigators to church. One we hadn´t even really taught a lesson but by the look on her face at the end of it all.. she felt something and learned a lot.
I need to go. Have an amazing week in Paraguay, Padres.
![]() |
| Shawn and Elder Sander in Comodoro Rividavia |

I just pushed the like button that does not exist. I really like this particular letter, especially about the Book of Mormon. I feel what he said is very true.
ReplyDelete