Monday, December 20, 2010

Challenges



Pablo. We found Pablo in the street and he said we could come to his house. He was there. He said he had been studying with Testigos for the last six months. He was therefore essentally Testigo. Every falsehood he came up with my companion answered with the Bible. I don´t have that knowledge yet so I just shared doctrine and bore my testimony as inspired. Pablo had lots of problems with everything I said, so my companion backed me up with the Bible. I was surprised. I did not know the Bible had so much good doctrine. The Testigo was convinced. He could not fight. Psalms 82:6 Clearly explained our potential. My jaw dropped when my companion shared it. Pablo said, I´ll make some consultations.

We went back. Ughhhhh. He consulted with the Testigos. Our intent was to help Pablo gain a testimony. He read the Book of Mormon, the part we left that is, and did not pray to know of it´s truthfulness nor would he.

Later in the week knocked on another door. The guy said that he was studying with Testigos for the last year but is interested so he let us in. I told my companion I don´t want to do this but he said we had to. We went in. It is easily said that was one of the best lessons of my mission. They asked many questions and we truthfully answered them at first with, but then realized it was not necessary and therefore taught without the Bible. They were so sincere. The spirit was there. They could not believe we were paying to be here. We answered so many questions. I could not believe some of the answers that came from my companions mouth. They were so open. We answered honestly and sincerely, and they were sincere. After about an hour of that the guy asked if he could have our number to get ahold of us.Wow. No one ever does that. I have not had contact with them since, though I do have hopes.
.




The ward mission leader in our meeting this week said he was going to share a scripture. I thought to myself, what can HE share. He´s just a recent convert who, I don´t know, does his thing. What he read tore me apart and gave me a lot of peace for all that happened this week. He read why I am on a mission. Alma 29 ver 9-10 I think it was.



We passed by Patricia´s house. We went to see how she was doing because she hadn´t been to church in four weeks. She came out with a dark face. We asked her how her tests went. She said bad. We asked if we could help her with her homework. She said no. We said, we missed you in church. She then told us, I am never going to church again. I´m like Why? She then said I thought you guys would respect my decision. I´m like I just want to know why. She then with confidence said she was baptised too fast. (She came to us wanting to get baptised, we did not find her nor ever try to help her to baptism until she came to us about it). I´m like okay. Told her the church was true. She was looking at the ground at that point. She told us not to come by anymore. We then did the cultural say goodbye handshakes. She shook Elder Hernandez´s hand with a mad face. I however was extremely peace and happy with a big smile on my face. When she saw my face, she could not help but smile back. We left. We later learned a friend has been convincing her not to come to church anymore.
 
Patricia is fourteen years old. Whoever wants to write her a message is allowed to do so. It must be in Spanish for I will not translate it. I must get it my next week. I should be leaving this coming week for somewhere else. I will print it here in the internet cafe and give it to her the day I leave. Write who you are and why you are a member of the church. Write especially how the church has blessed you life. I want a letter from all of my immediate family, even if it is short.

Have a good week,

-Elder Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment