Monday, December 27, 2010

Plottier, Argentina

       I had the cutest letter I was going to copy down here but I forgot it in the Bus Station. Maybe I will write it next week. I had the nicest two days. I would like to download pictures but I can´t because I lost my USB cord though maybe it´s just in my suitcase. Why? I´m going to Plottier! Where is that? I don´t know. I´ll I know is that it is close to the city of Neuquen. It´s desert and even hotter than here, which has been cold until recently. Actually almost the entire mission is desert. There are nine zones. Eight zones are in the desert and 1 is in the mountains. Anyways I am very excited to go to a new area. I leave in an hour.
           Yesterday we stopped by Patricia´s house. We talked for around an hour. Her life sucks right now. They are being kicked out of her house, her dad is threatening to kill her mom or something like that, failing school, no where to go, no work, etc. I´m like: I don´t know what you guys should do because your life stinks right now. I told them to go talk to the Bishop which they did not seem to want to do that. They were like I hope all goes well with you and I to them.
           Today in the bus station our investigator who we seem to be able to find everywhere but her house was walking through the bus station and we told her goodbye. Her husband who had a stroke has taken all of her time and energy since he needs constant care which is hard because she needs to work to eat. He seems to be dying right now. We found them in the hospital because we visit a member there. Interesting thing about the sanitary condition of the hospital: There is no soap. I kind of lost desire of being a doctor during my many hours in the hospital. It´s disgusting to be there. They don´t have money to buy such luxuries as soap.
           In church a week ago we were in the Gospel Principles class. Our reactivated as of a month ago member was there. (We teach her like an investigator and she keeps all of her commitments which is awesome). The teacher said, let´s talk about the best thing of the last year. When it came to her turn she started crying and said that the best thing that happened to her this year was when she saw the missionaries walking down the street (us) and then when we started coming and teaching in her house. I was like, what? When we were at their house her husband said, before you guys came here I couldn´t find work. Then the Elder (me) prayed that they could find all of the work they need and he´s had more work that he has time for since. I found that interesting. Anyways, I´ve got to go. I´ll be in a bus for the next fourteen hours going to Neuquen. Thanks for the letters and have a most wonderful week.
          -Elder Reed

Plottier, Argentina




Dec 27, 2010 3:00 PM               Temp                 87.8°F

Hi: 88°F
Lo: 64°F
Rain: 0.00"
Gust: W 12
Heat Index: 84°F
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 40°F    Avg Wind: 12 W    Pressure: 29.83"   Rain/Month: N/A"
Sunrise: 6:06 AM  Sunset: 9:00 PM
Moonphase:
Phase
As reported at:
Neuquen Airport

Today

12/27/2010

Hi: 91°
Sunny. Warm. Temperature of 91°F. Winds SW 16.52mph. Humidity will be 29% with a dewpoint of 54° and feels-like temperature of 88.79°F.
Lo: 65°
Clear. Mild. Temperature of 91°F. Winds E 13.3mph. Humidity will be 67% with a dewpoint of 54° and feels-like temperature of 64.92°F.

No comments:

Post a Comment