Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Investigators

 People,
       We had one of our investigators get in a fight with the interviewing missionary during their baptismal interview. It tears me apart. We try so hard. I do what I can. The opposition seems to just tear me down when everything goes right. We talked with the two participants in the interview, and it turned out to be a misunderstanding. Maybe she will get baptized later. She has to overcome a lot of obstacles and is making a lot of changes in her life.
       The other, her friend (both of whom we have been teaching since before conference) passed here interview and said she still wants to get baptized. That would be this Saturday even though she has only go to church twice. I do not want crappy converts. I´m sick of the hordes of inactives here. My companion says we teach them and invite them to act accordingly, and then let them use their agency to choose for better or for worse. The two of them however have been putting forth a lot of effort to make many changes in their lives and do indeed seem to be changing, and sign of true conversion.
        We were walking down the street when a woman called us over. That only has happened when people want money. She was different by saying she wanted to become active again after many years of inactivity. I asked her if she believed it was the true church and she immediately said she knows it´s true. She lived with the current stake president when she was twelve like fifteen years ago for a year during which time he took her to the temple. She went inactive soon after she left that house to live somewhere else. She wants to go there again and be sealed there. Wow, I have never had anything like this happen in my mission. She married a nonmember, smokes, and all that other crap people do when they go inactive. Seriously though. This seems like a person who is going to act and we planned with her to teach her like an investigator to help her have full activity in the church. Her husband (or junto, you really can´t know here) was there and mostly just listened. They had a four year old daughter who knew who Jesus was.
 -Elder Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment