Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Weekend

People,
    A quote I like. Successful people do not make excuses, they eliminate them.
 Here is my email to president which might be interesting:
        Kind of stressed. One new this week. I should be finding 15 news a week. I don´t feel like I know how to do missionary work any more and do not have a senior companion to ask what I should do. The district is very low in numbers and it being my district shows my poor leadership. I worked hard to get investigators to church with one exception.
         The one investigator I got to the conference was because of help from a member. You people really have no idea how powerful of missionaries you can be. You can be more powerful if  not more so that me in missionary work. For me the mission is necessary because it is teaching me now how to be a missionary AFTER the mission as well as during it.
           I felt prompted to tell an investigator that the conference would have changed his life if he came, and it would have if he had gone. He´s abusive to his family. He needed to hear some of those talks. 
           I´m looking for people who desire to be happy in this life and are willing to act accordingly.
           My testimony of the restored gospel grew immensely this last conference. I showed people  a picture of Noah preaching. I asked them if they were there during the time of Noah, would they listen to the prophet? I then invited them to listen to the prophet. One said, he can´t be a prophet. Him, he looks like the Italian president. That rich guy? Listen to him. No one would though many of them would have listened to Noah if he was present. 
          Also many prophets to accept the word of God but refuse it if not found in the Bible. 
My testimony of the gospel grew because I left that conference wanting, committed to, and now actually doing what I can to make me and the world a much better place.
 Live the gospel, and be happy. Don´t live it and cheat yourself for something that is much more cheap and does not last.
         Though in the mission I kind of feel down sometimes, I feel happy when I think about my life right now. Heroin, tabacco, pornography, alcohol, youth walking around all night doing nothing, lazyness, obesity, grudges, energy drinks, messed up priorities, trouble forgiving people.... etc. etc. are probably potential problems for anybody, but in this time for me are not. I´m free to live my life. I´m healthy and happy and free to choose for myself.
     -Elder Reed.

No comments:

Post a Comment