People,
I beat my record. We had eight lessons Friday. Very odd. The next day we had two as usual, and it was just odd. I did splits with the zone leaders. They taught me how to give fechas so I am now doing that in all of my lessons. The zone leader also did another awesome thing. He put a fecha with Daniel, our investigator of 7 years!!!. He would not accept a fecha, but Elder Romeu did it. Daniel is getting baptized this Saturday. He is just an awesome person.
A sad thing. We ate lunch with our investigators of four months. We have taught them everything, and well. They stopped coming to church months ago. Anyways, they have made friends. At the lunch their friends brought a bottle of wine. They said looking at us, oh, we don´t drink. The Argentine says, but everyone in Argentina drinks. He also said, just so you guys you know, when someone in Argentina offers something, they aren´t offering it but are requiring you to consume it. They acted accordingly. I just watched. Peer pressure. It showed me what happens everywhere. People crumple to peer pressure. It scares me. I worry now for many people. Pick good friends, because you will do what ever your friends do. If you say you won´t you are a liar with an exceptional few exceptions.
The First counselor of the ward yesterday talked to us about the number of people going to the celestial kingdom. We are here to give them the chance. It is up to them to accept or deny. He said the Telestial kingdom is compared to the stars for a reason. There will be many, or just about all there. It made me depressed. People make such stupid decisions. I can´t deny it. It´s just about all I see every day.
I´m learning to speak Evangelical. I have found when I talk with them in their language they really warm up. How long ago did you convert to the gospel? How did you change when you accepted Jesus into your heart? Can we sing praises to the Lord with you? Look at these wonderful words of God. Pure words of God.
We got someone to church for the second time in two months. He is an active evangelical our age. He hadn´t slept in around in twenty five hours when he went to church since he was singing alabanzas the whole night before at his church. He was out of it, but he went to church. A miracle.
Easter happened? Didn´t know until it happened. All days are the same to me accept the sacred P-Day.
Buena suerte con todo.
-Elder Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment