Monday, April 18, 2011

Investigators


People,
   No time to write. One fun thing that did happen this week was we were teaching the restoration and invited the person to pray about it. She says no I will not pray. I get mad. Why not I say. She says why pray about something I already believe is true! I hope we will be able to find that person again. We always seem to lose everybody who is awesome.
   We had the coolest family. Something happened though.. They understood. Everything then just changed. We brought the Bishop and he was just awesome. I do believe he baptized 240 people on his mission. Very powerful testimony and teacher. Maybe it is just not their time because I called them later and they told me to get lost.
   Satan is very powerful. He confuses so many people and sells them crap. I like to think I am more powerful than Satan but he seems to win over all of my investigators.
   Our awesome investigator Valeria lost awesomeness. She realized learning the gospel might take her away from Catholicism and lost the fire to learn. Things took a way interesting turn. She is moving to Buenos Aires forever apparently. She is going to get married to an ex missionary who she says goes to church every week there-- meaning he is active. She told us that she would not get baptized but occasionally go to church with him. I said no, you will get baptized. It does not work that way. You see it is some people. I wrote some a note to the missionaries there, shared my testimony, and said goodbye. We did all we could to help this person and she had some good spiritual experience which I hope lead to activity in the church in Buenos Aires.
    We have been teaching an awesome family since December. It´s time for him to get baptized. More info later.
     ¿Mi testimonio de Jesucristo? He sentido el poder del Expiacion en mi vida. Mi testimonio viene de eso. He visto y sentido cosas que me han cambiado y hacen que no puedo negar la realidad de un Salvador. Quiero el gozo que yo he sentido del expiacion en las vidas de otras personas. Por eso vine a la misión. (Alma 29:9-10, es mi escritura favorito).
     -Elder Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment