People
Nice weather down here. Has the feeling that SLC does beginning of April.
We had some good lessons this week. We were going to some old investigators and I said it must be that house. My comp said that´s not the one, it is two houses down. I said, we´ll go there after then. We went to the old investigators house and they were not there. We then went to the house previously mentioned, and walked right in. The opened up and said, pasen. I had hardly opened my mouth and did not let out my spill of ¨Somos misioneros de la Iglesia de Jesucristo y .....¨ They had never had talked to missionaries before and we had a very good lesson.
Another time we were looking for an old investigator from several years ago. They shut their curtain on us. So we just knocked doors close by because we were supposed to be there for a reason I was sure. Couple houses down we knock a door and a guy comes from across the street. We talk to him and he is an inactive of years. Was baptized as a youth, went a little, and then never went back. He let us go in and talk to him and we had a nice little discussion.
I did divisiones with the Zone Leader. Lots of animo. He said he doesn´t believe in knocking, only inspired knocking. We passed by a house of a less active who was not home. He said we must be here for a reason, knocked a couple of houses, and got in. We had a really good lesson with a guy our age who is rarely at home and only at that time of day. He wanted to talk to us again so he set up a return appointment.
I like to feel we are following inspiration. A few months ago they told us we could baptize every week and I had trouble believing it. The Zone leaders are doing just about that. I am starting to see there really are a lot of people here that are prepared to receive the gospel.
Mad at the father of our investigator. Also the culture. It is the culture to live with your parents until you are married. In other words people here live with their parents in their thirties, forties, and fifties. People need to move out and get on with their lives. Beating up women or anybody for that matter is not cool.
Enjoying the mission more. It´s been hard for me but it boils down to attitude. Do you want to do what you want to do, or what God wants you to do? Not my will buy thine, and mean it.
-Elder Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment