Monday, January 16, 2012

Another week in Bariloche

Myself and Elder Ayala in El Boslon, (two hour drive south)

People,
   I can no long tell one week from the next. This week there was transfers. My companion Elder Ayala went to Catriel, a small desert town. My new companion, Elder Zamora, is from Santa Fe Argentina. He has about a year in the mission. He and his mother are the only members in his family and he turned twenty two this last week. He is my fifth convert companion. So cool.
We had the usual ¨sure we´ll read the half a page of literature and go to church¨, with no one keeping their word. I think I lack comprehension of the people. Is it really that hard to do something that will take so little time, that can have such an impact on your life and your eternity. I probably just don´t understand their situation and their way of thinking. There are some neat people we talked to. The last missionaries were more friends than anything, so I made an attempt to share some of the doctrine. They are understanding and open people. They are a young couple with two kids who´s lives are dedicated to service. They help the hospitals work with homeless and underprivileged people, in the effort of getting healthcare to everybody. He is an organizational guy and she a nurse. Sadly they are going to move to Santa Cruz, Bolivia in a month where she is from to help out there in the Amazon. It is frustrating at times, because you find people here and there who are already living the gospel of Jesus Christ, just don´t have the fulness of it, and you feel useless in getting it to them. The ward is cool. There are some really great members. We took a returned missionary out yesterday with us and I was amazed with how he talked with the people.  A lot to do. One more story. There is a policeman in the ward, Hermano Huenchu (a Tehuelche last name, which I find cool). He always talks with all of his friends about his religion, and this week he took us to one of his friends house to talk with him. He shared about how much the gospel had helped him in his life, and encouraged his friend to do the same. You could tell his friend had a lot of respect for him.
 Have a good week,
  -Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment