This was a very very long week. Why? Don´t worry about it. It´s a mission.
One thing of not that happened that is appropriate sharing was I got
robbed for the first time. I went to talk to some drunks (I felt bad
ignoring people who call me over). They asked me questions. One of them
(a jerk who I had talked to before), asked me for money. We said we had
none (considering that we are missionaries, that is true). I felt uncomfortable so I began to shake hands to leave and as I shook the hand
of the one he tore my watch off my wrist and told us to get lost saying
¨I serve a different God¨. With some self restraint I didn´t break his
nose and we moved on, given that drunks usually have knives and at
times, guns. I know have learned to trust people less than I already
did, and if I don´t like someone, to completely ignore them, especially
if they have dedicated to wasting their lives to alcohol. I little eye
opener for me which was good, but sad to to the lack of a very loved
watch you guys sent to me.
Also, you don´t need to like everybody, but you do need to love them. (Like and love are different, very different).
-Shawn
No comments:
Post a Comment