 |
| Lakeside near Bariloche |
 |
| Nauhuel Huapi Lake (Where Bariloche is) |
 |
| Lakeside near Bariloche |
 |
| Lakeside near Bariloche |
People,
We taught some lessons this week. I learned that
pride destroys everything. For New Year's Eve Elder Ayala and I went over and
invited ourselves to a member´s house to eat dinner. For New Year's day we spent
the day in the chapel with the other missionaries where our Mexican Elder made
tacos, we watched some CHURCH movies, and played Uno. Hey, have you Americans
ever felt discriminated by the Mexicans in that they think you cannot eat hot
food. First of all, an American can eat anything a Mexican does, and do eat all
that Mexicans do and enjoy it. The rest of Latin America on the other hand, are
pansies. I have seen in time and time again with "lets eat Mexican food" as a
group of multicultural missionaries. No Latino can handle really hot food, not
even Chileans, unless they are Mexican.
There are many tourists in Bariloche, especially Jews.There are also Germans, Hungarians, Brazilians, more Brazilians (they are horrible to missionaries in that they are not modest), Porteños, more Porteños, and my favorite, Americans, I mean to be Argentine politically correct, Unitedstaters. etc. etc. I have so far talked to people from Washington and Wyoming.
Also, in the stake there are seventeen young men serving missions. That is very high number. A bunch do not come from member families either. Aparently some joined the church and went on missions due to a strong influence of their friends. We are teaching the family of one of them, but they don´t progress.
So have a most wonderful week,
-Elder Reed
 |
| Llao Llao hotel |
 |
| Near Llao Llao |
No comments:
Post a Comment