A very odd week.
Europeans. They really do travel everywhere if you find them in Comodoro, or find you. I was laying on the floor after weekly planning with my shoes, tie, and suit coat all taken off and my shirt untucked staring at the ceiling halfway in the hall and kitchen close to the main entrance of the church. When in this blissful state two old women walk into the church speaking a language I could not identify. They walked into the sacrament room taking pictures of everything and then into the hall close to where I was with me in plain few trying to get dressed properly. I finished dressing myself and ran to Elder Hernandez telling him there were women in the church (against the rules when it´s just us). I then confronted the people. They were Germans who spoke no Spanish and little English. Their super crazy four wheel drive orange filled with old German people bus that had a crazy tye of trailer it was towing that I think they all sleep in had stopped for a half hour to give the people a rest from their road trip from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia to Santiago Chile. They saw our church and went to take pictures and learn about the kind of religion the Patagonian people practice. I told them who I was and they did not know. I then told them I was a Mormon since people don´t seem to identify us with our real church name and they were like oh, Mormon. I then said I was from Utah and they were like oh, the big crazy building and lot of Mormons. They then quickly lost interest and tried to leave while we tried to give them a tour. They left after having randomly walked in a having taken about twenty pictures of inside the church during their ten minutes there.
Oh man, no more time. We found two more people from the U.K. We gave them the restoration lesson. We talked about prophets and Jesus, and they were like we already know all of that, we´re Christian. Once we started talking about things that they had now heard about that stopped us from talking. They said God had sent them to the Patagonia to have spiritual experiences. Based on a number of things they then said it became blatantly obvious they were evangelicals. They told us they would not even take a look at the Book of Mormon or do anything we asked. They then switched people during their prayer, and prayed for our minds and hearts to be opened and for us to meet people that would bring us to the truth and Jesus. I have always listened to people share their beliefs. Always. I have even done things they asked. I´m open to learning, and have learned a lot about evangelicals from evangelicals. I pondered and prayed about their message and had a strong confirmation that you need more than to accept Jesus Christ in your heart to be saved. .
Chao,
Elder Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment