Dear people,
After almost two transfers we had a baptism. I work very hard with the same people and they don´t seem to progress. The people who it is very easy to teach and help progress all seem to just get baptized, that now being two people. Anyways everything was going well. Elder Hernandez said this is not good. We haven´t had any opposition yet. There is always opposition. Everything went fine right up to the baptism and Elder Hernandez proved to be right. Patricia was terrified of the water. After ten minutes of me just standing there in the water and everyone being like, the water won´t kill you, just get baptized, she did. I promised her I would baptize her fast and I feel kind of bad because I did. I kind of threw her down into the water. People are very light when they are in water. Years of trying to dunk Neil has taught me to try harder to submerge people than is needed. Anyways, Patricia got baptized and is a great convert. She has a testimony, is a friend of the Bishop´s daughter, has a mom who supports her, etc.
We got Bruno to church who hadn´t gone in about eight years. We therefore decided to take him with us during the lessons considering him to have repented and be changing his life. We were teaching the Word of Wisdom our first and last lesson with him. Marcela said, smoking helps me calm my nerves. Bruno says, me too. Then Bruno says, Coffee is very good because it helps you wake up in the morning. Marcela is like, this word of Wisdom thing is crazy. If you had taught me this the first lesson, I would have kicked you out or never let you in. I then said it all goes back to if you believe Joseph Smith saw God the Father and the Son and restored the church of Jesus Christ. I was showing the first vision painting. I testified I knew it happened, then my companion testified that he knew it was true, than Bruno said, wow that´s crazy. I believe in God but I don´t believe anything like that ever happened. (more or less in those words). He testified contrary to a number of other things as well. Later during another discussion with Bruno he boldly said he is not willing to repent and my companion therefore more or less told him he is going to Hell if that´s the case. Anyways, Bruno and us are still good friends.
More things to say but I´ve already been disobedient with the time,
-Elder Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment