Monday, February 7, 2011

Hurting a little

Ouch!
     My companion and I took a couple of hard hits. Two of our investigators who we had been working with, who had been reading everything and asking great questions, have asked us to not come anymore.  I fell into a day long depression which happens every week or so and asked myself for not the first time, What am I doing here? I´m fine now though because you realize what you feel doesn´t really matter and you then jump back into the endless unchanging routine that is missionary life.We have faith that we will have success soon which is why we get up and work all day every day.
Pablo. Seriously Pablo. He skipped church yesterday, and did not stop smoking February 5th which was the plan. We say Pablo, do you even believe this is true? What is your goal from all this? He then spent the next twenty minutes bearing his testimony about how his prayers have all been answered and he knows it´s true and how he wants to join the church. He still has a lot of obstacles that keep him from progressing towards covenant making, but I believe I am seeing conversion. That is something very nice to see. Very nice. Like I can´t really explain has nice that is.
But lots of good is happening here too! We returned to the house of the Argentine who invited us over to dinner two weeks ago. They cooked us up some asado. We then for two hours ate food, talked about lack of modesty in Spain, lots of other stuff from their vacation there, a lot about Plottier´s politics, Argentina, Utah, kayaking the Rio Limay and other random non church related topics. We then for the last hour gave the first charla and watched The Restoration. We shared our testimonies of how God can answer prayers. They then prayed to a Maria statue and then we did our prayer. Although generally uninterested in our message, they understood a thing or two. O sea, we made some new friends and left them with the invitation to come to church.
Nothing else comes to mind. I´m happy though. Although we don´t really see the effects of our work very often here in Argentina, I´m sure I´m helping a couple people here and there.
One thing I have seen here in Argentina. Help from the members=baptism. No help= Little progress. So what should everybody do. Member missionary work! Share your testimonies. I know that there is a God and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the only church that offers the ordinances of salvation and the authority to perform them. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment