My area is flat, and has lots of planted trees. Outside it is flat, empty, ugly desert. Half of the streets are not paved. Everyone lives in brick houses. It´s a town, and I have the richer half of it. There are some very poor areas in Argentina. There are lots of squatters. People move onto a property and say it´s their own, then the government legalizes it. It is VERY different from my last area. It´s different because my last area was the flat, ugly, desert with people in it. O sea, there were few trees. There is little wind here. My last area the wind was constant and strong. (Lots of dust in your face and ears). We had Elder Aidukaitis come down and talk to us for zone conference. It was really good. He loves the gospel and understands it well. I pretty much feel like an unrepentant sinner. He told us we can and should be having a baptism a week (my last baptism was 4-5 months ago, and my companion about 8 months ago). I believe we can have a baptism a week so I´m working on it. I think there are people who are ready. Argentines are generally great people. We don´t have any progressing investigators though we do the usual find and then not find again. One interesting thing. we went to a Pentecostal church because an investigators invited us. The people there were very nice. It was a bit of a rock concert. You had old ladies, kids, men, youth with their hands in the air singing. Then a guy gave a message interupted with Amen every five seconds. It was confirmed by all the people that the ¨Bible is the truth¨, and Virgin objects are bad. It was interesting to see what all the people here actually do in their worship. I enjoyed it. I thought that church was a lot of fun. Won´t be surprised if I just happen to be going to more churches this coming month. (That does not mean I´m going apostate). I´m happy, -Elder Reed |
Monday, February 28, 2011
Plottier and Elder Aidukaitis
Labels:
missionary work,
Plottier
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment