Monday, February 14, 2011

Working

People,
      Long, hard, and very slow week. But that´s okay. That´s my life. I actually enjoy it. We knock doors for about two hours every morning. Though we rarely enter a house in the mornings, I´ve realized we usually have a somewhat interesting conversation with someone which is nice.
     The week started out slow. During Saturday and Sunday however we got into a couple houses. Saturday we had a great lesson. Mauro Soto was with us, an awesome RM who served in Uruguay the same time as Robert. We went to the house without him and we got the busy come back later. So we did, only that time a different person came to the door and said they were busy (that is what they always say). Mauro said don´t take it, get into the house. I on the moment became very animated and excited. My companion stated the fact that someone had already invited us to come in. She said yes and we taught the Restoration. The daughter who had invited us in before came in halfway during the lesson. Wow, we were extremely impressed with some of the responses she had to our questions. We were very fluid in our lesson and used some good examples to illustrate the message I had never before used. They understood well that they could ask God if these things are true. When we walked out Mauro said Wow! that was a great lesson. I thought about it and realized it was a great lesson, probably the best lesson I´ve had in over a month. The spirit was present. Sunday we saw a cellphone in the middle of the street. We called some phone numbers on it and contacted the owner. When we returned it to him we asked if we could come in. He said he was busy as usual. I said, seriously, we just returned a hundred dollar phone to you which no one in this country does. He said okay, come in. We had a great lesson. He was extremely attentive. Ask God. If these things are from him he can tell you they are (or are not).
        As a person I have not always believed in God. How can I believe or know of something I cannot see??? That was my condition for a great period of time. When I sought him.... Well here I am serving God. This God listens to me and answers my prayers. My will is has never been one of serving others with all I have. As you give up your will to act according to the will of your Father in Heaven, and really serve him for the love you have for him and your fellow man, it changes your person.
       -Elder Shawn Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment