Monday, March 7, 2011

March

People,
        .... We passed by a less active and waited outside their house for an hour to help them go to church. This Andrea hadn´t gone to church in fifteen years since her youth but finally did after some time of visiting she and her nonmember husband. She was the first person to get up to bear her testimony in Sacrament Meeting. 
         That´s good right! Nothing too negative.
   What have I learned this week? When you get baptized you take upon yourself the name of Christ. Before the mission people were great. I had lots of friends and had great conversations with random people. Everyone was willing to have a decent conversation with me. Now it is not at all that way. People are rude. They lecture me. They lie to me. They make fun of what I am doing. They mock everything that I do. Why do they do this? They do all these things because I represent Jesus Christ. Christ was rejected in his mortal ministry and so were his representatives soon after that ministry, so much so that they were mostly all killed. Now is no different. I as a representative am here to call them to repentance, and most people do not want to do that. They mock me not because I am Shawn Reed. They mock me for who I represent.
        I kind of lost it last night with a guy who mocked everything, I mean everything about what I am doing. Companion told me to chill and lets go, or I´m no better than him. I really need to develop patience.
        Have a great week,
      -Elder Reed
Conference with Elder Aidukaitis
        

No comments:

Post a Comment