Monday, May 2, 2011

Last Week of April

People,
     The biggest thing that happened in my week was transfer calls. I am staying until June and probably until July. In this mission we stay in our areas for a long time.
     My birthday came and went. It went this way. Can I share a message about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ? No, I´m busy. Cuidando el nene. Cocinando. Limpiando. Estoy con visita. Estoy con mi familia. Haciendo cualquier cosa con la exepcion de escucharme. Es que es. Mi vida es esto.
      Daniel did not get baptized. Never really gotten this point with too many people, so I´m kind of at a lost what to do. I fodged him, and after that was never able to have a time to plan his baptism. Still the coolest guy on this side of Plottier.
       We dropped a bunch of investigators. We were supposed to have a ton of investigators in church. No one came, though I had lot of hope. We had one guy who read all the way to Alma in four days. You have to take note what is the intent behind reading it. Not sure if he was reading it to know if it´s true or because it´s interesting literature. Very smart. Seemed to understand all that he had read.
      Anything else. We were teaching an 18 year old kid in his house and were giving him the baptisimal invitation. I can almost always get a yes, which was the case here, though he denied it the first few attempts. During this his Pastora mom came in with her what turned out to be member sister from another city. Then it got interesting. When she saw what I was doing she cut me off and started asking me Doctrinal questions which I fell into for a little bit. Realizing what was going on I stopped and explained quickly Joseph Smith. I then Asked her if she believed he could be legit. Why does it matter she said. She knew why. Meanwhile Six more adults entered the house (do not know what the relation was, just that they were not members). I then put the spotlight on the member. She looked way uncomfortable. I asked her how she knew these things were true. She bore a simple but powerful testimony.
      We also passed by another ex investigator to see how she was doing. She dropped us because she goes to the Baptist church and will never change. She feels good singing to a live ¨Christian¨ Rock band. Anyways she started talking and we just listened for a good fifteen minutes. She told us she had actually never prayed to know if these things are true. She said she never asked which church was the true church. She started to doubt in the time since we taught her about her church. She said things she remembered we had taught her and really surprised us like before how much she understood. I offended her husband before she told us and he has no interest in talking to us, though she said she kind of did. Anyways we left. Interesting though.
     Another somewhat busy but unfruitful week in Plottier. Trying to improve how I teach. Trying to teach with the Spirit because it is the Spirit the teaches, testifies, and converts. At least that was the case with me, and the only reason why I´m out here.
     -Elder Reed


No comments:

Post a Comment