People,
Tuesday. Knock a house I´ve knocked many times before. There is a guy inside who just moved in with his family and he lets us in. As he made it abundantly clear, he is from Tucuman, the best province. I am now more thoroughouly convinced that Tucuman is the best Province with the best people this country has to offer. We taught him every day since Tuesday. He picks fruit and is the most intelligent person I´ve come across in this country. He´s like I´m Catholic, but my Grandpa taught me that you need to be open minded. He says you have all kinds of religions come by all the time. The Bible says there will be many false prophets. He said so many false ones will pass by, but that also means the true one may pass by and maybe when you least expect it. That is why you need to be very open. He listened to everything and asked a very great many questions. He says you need to ask and think about things. Book of Mormon and all of the commandments down. He read everything we gave him and pondered about it. He says when you are open minded you have to be willing to accept that you may be wrong in some things, and that is what he learned with such and such and that he needs to change it. He´s like, have you seen pastors, they say one thing and do another. Not only that, but have you seen how they make people slaves to them. They convert them to themselves and live off of their tithings. What makes them slaves is they teach them to be closed to anything else that may be new and foriegn to them. That binds them to the Pastor which is not good. He´s like people probably tell you guys they already have a religion they are happy with. Just because everyone is doing it, doesn´t mean it´s right. He says, you see in Tucuman we are open minded and just all around awesome. Not only that, he said I give my word and I keep my word. If I say I´ll do something and then don´t do it, I´m a liar, and I´m not a liar. Consequently he has done everything and been at all of his appointments including church which he came to all by himself. I´m sorry, but this investigator is just too awesome. After hordes of stupid close minded ones, I met an open minded one. Not only that, but a seeker of truth and happiness.
The mission is really fun when you have a good progressing investigator. Oh, and Tucuman is the best place ever if you didn´t already know that.
-Elder Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment