People,
Cold morning. It almost hit freezing last night which is about as cold as it gets in the Middle Valley (where I am).
But no worries, I met the most open guy of my lifetime here in Plottier. Leandro is as awesome and cool as ever. My companion and I can´t take him seriously. He is too awesome. Last night we took him out to preach after his lesson. He was awesome in his contacts. He says, that book the missionaries share, well they gave it to me a couple weeks ago. It has completely changed my life. I saw that I was wrong in many things and has given me a completely new perspective of things. See the book says, and another really cool thing it teaches. You know, I used to think that there were many true churches, but now I am seeing that the true church is just one church. When I go to church I feel and learn.... Just too cool of a person. After he went out with us he said, you can see how people are hard hearted like it talks about in the book. You need to be open minded and soft of heart to be able to learn and progress. You need not to be prideful to realize that you are wrong and then change. When you tell someone you are going to be available at a certain time and aren´t, you have lied. These are more or less the things that he says. He´s already more active than most of the ward.
Now his wife is on board. Leandro and her sister told her that the dream is from God and it means she has found the church she has been looking for all her life. She said she has been to the Catholic and Evangelical churches, but they leave you empty. I asked Leandro why he ever let us pass in the first place. He said over a year ago he prayed and told God that he was going to change and asked God to send something to help him change. He said he then stopped drinking and smoking. When we knocked his door and asked if we could come in, he said something told him it is time to change. He let us in and has been just awesome.
-Elder Reed.

No comments:
Post a Comment