People,
Oh I´ll admit it, I do like letter and long emails, so if time permits, feel free to send information my way. You can even send pictures via email.
Ask yourself a question:
¨What are your greatest desires? Are you doing what is necessary to have those desires be a reality?¨ (Cuales son sus deseos mayores. Esta haciendo que necesita hacer a cumplir con estes deseos) Sounds better in spanish. Don´t really know how to say it in English.
¿Como anda me Español?. Mi compañero me dijo: mal. Tengo un accento muy fuerte. Tanto que muchas personas no me entienden. Pero, a menos puedo hablarlo. Entiendo la mayoria de las cosas que oigo. Puedo decir las cosas que quiero decir. No creo que aun ahora estaria bien en la clase de Mrs. Aviles. Pero asi es. Poco a poco estoy mejorando.
This week. We entered a house and taught a young couple. This however was no ordinary lesson. They understood what we taught them and wanted to know more, to the extent that they read everything we left for them to read. Not only that, but as the man said, this really reaches my heart. (Este menaje llega a mi corazon). There are people out there who are ready to live the gospel, they just need us to find them and share with them. For those who don´t want to know anything about it, that´s fine. The invitation just needs to be put out there. Cada cual con su forma. Esta bien che, le respetamos. Le quiero igual, aun si no le importa este mensaje.
We have two cool investigators. Maria and Sonia. Maria is very spiritual and Sonia the realist. I like teaching people like Sonia because they are like myself. I love teaching people like Maria because they sincerely love God and act accordingly. Faith in God. Some people have it and others don´t. Maria is one who does.
We went to Choele Choel to do an baptisimal interview. It´s two hours from here in bus. I love interviewing these kind of people. This woman has gone through a lot of crap in her life--a very young single mother and sole provider of four kids. Gone through a little of everything from what I could pick up. I asked her if she was willing to give up smoking. She said that´s why I´m getting baptized. I´m getting baptized to put everything bad behind me and start anew. That is missionary work. Helping people change their lives throught the atonement.
One thing I like about the Patagonia is there are... Parrots! I love parrots. There are two kinds here. The smaller ones nest in the trees around town. For me it´s always exciting to see the parrots, which is many times daily.
This week was not very cold. It´s is however the middle of winter. The members here give me lots of food.
Knocking doors mostly. The occasional lesson. Some better than others. Lots of walking.
-Elder Reed.
No comments:
Post a Comment