People,
Last Preparation Day the zone played paintball for several hours. It was fun, even though the only person I shot was Elder Corvalan, my mission companion. It also snowed. Everyone said it was just frost, but I testify that it was a form of snow, no matter how pathetic it was. It almost never snows here in Villa Regina.
We have two investigators who seem to be progressing, Maria and Sonia. They are from Tucuman, the best province of Argentina.
The big news is my Elder Corvalan is being transferred to La Pampa, and I´m staying here to train for the second time. Training Elder Asay was the best time of my mission.I hope this time around will be likewise. It´s going to be more difficult though. When Elder Doughty left Plottier I felt like I had a good relationship with the members. Here, not so much. More on the side that they don´t like me. I have already been called Hitler (not a joke) and been asked ¨Why are the Gringos always so serious all the time?¨ They absolutely adore my companion who is leaving. Jokes, laughing, playing around, cheerful, gleeful, synonyms... what Argentines love and is against everything that I am. I like a good laugh, but still don´t get the humor here. I like to think I am becoming more of a cheerful person, which is why I think I am in the country where kissing a man is a token of friendship and everybody hugs and kisses everybody whenever they walk in and out of a room. I hugged more people my first week in Argentina then I had in my lifetime before the mission. I won´t comment about kissing.
Anyways, working as always. Knocking doors, teaching, sleeping... We had two investigators we have been teaching refuse to give up smoking which was sad and frustrating. One comes to church though meaning with time she will probably repent. I really am very happy about this Maria and Sonia. They are reading and keeping commitments. Making the steps of conversion. I love seeing people making good choices, and changing their lives.
Headed off to General Roca for a few days, then Neuquen, then back to mi querido Villa Regina with a new missionary.
-Elder Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment