People,
This was a really good week for. Emphasis on the "really good week". My last companion left and I stayed with another missionary who was also going to train. We stayed in General Roca for a couple of days. He was really cool, just a really nice Elder. Found some new investigators, taught some lessons, and did a LOT of walking. We then spent a day in Villa Regina so the other Elder could see what it was like. While we were teaching a lesson, the member who came with us bike was stolen. Oh, the blessings of helping in missionary work. I went Thursday morning to Neuquen to pick up the new Elder. Saw an old companion and a bunch of missionaries I haven´t seen for a year now. It was fun doing something different from the norm. I was assigned Elder Cooper. He´s very cool. He´s 22 years old and is from close to Ft. Worth Texas. He joined the church three years ago. The missionaries found him because his sister asked for a free Bible on the internet. Baptized in three weeks. Sounded like a really easy investigator. He is very Flexible and Patient which I really appreciate. Nice guy. Having a nice companion makes the mission a very nice place to be. Working on his Spanish. A lot to learn and work on.
Our investigators, Maria and Sonia, said they are not willing to go to church. Not only that but Maria found work on Sunday, every Sunday. That leaves me with no progressing investigators. Monica came to church, but she still doesn´t want to give up smoking. It´s frustrating at times. Looking for investigators again. Always looking. Makes the scripture "hunt them out of the crags of the rocks" have meaning. We´re looking, everywhere for people to teach.
Have a good week,
-Elder Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment