Elder Smith, possibly the nicest most positive person I have ever met
With two elders at Christmas in Comodoro
Me, Elder Mendoza & Elder Hernandez in August in Neuquen. Great missionaries!
People,
This week was interesting. On Monday an investigator who has been investigating the church for three years told us she wanted to get baptized. One of her two member friend ¨told her things the way they were¨ She has a history of being interviewed for baptism and even walking out of two of her own baptismal services. She told us when she wanted to be baptized and so I planned for it. On Saturday we had the oddest baptismal service I have seen. It was us, Paola (who was baptized), and her two member friends. The two members were really worried and had a lot of doubt that she was going to get baptized. I wanted her to get baptized, but if she wants to get baptized, awesome, if not, that is her decision and I respect that. I never want someone to say I forced them to get baptized as I was told in Comodoro by Patricia. Anyways, we had a really quick service and went to the font and she got baptized. I felt bad because it was all rushed. Not very reverent, but apparently that is how she wanted it. Sadly she did not show up the following day for her confirmation. Pray that she gets confirmed next week. After three years of going to church, having tons of missionary lessons, and a few baptismal services, she got baptized. The only thing I did was direct the baptismal service and coordinate the interview. I personally never taught her any of the lessons. My first baptism I have had in one of my areas in eight months.
Found a couple of investigators I have a lot of hope in. We had Sonia and Maria go to a branch activity in the next town over which they really liked. They are reading the Book of Mormon. I´m going to be sincere with them. Ask them why they have listened to us and what they want out of their lives. They know it´s true. That just now need to have the courage to act upon the testimony they have received. My companion is awesome. I´m trying to help him learn Spanish which is a challenge.
-Shawn
No comments:
Post a Comment