Monday, August 22, 2011

One year in Argentina!!!

People,
One year in Argentina Wednesday. How exciting. What a long time. One year in this wonderful country. This place is my life. To most people a year is not a long time, but to me it is a very long time. And what a long year it has been.
So this week.. what did I do?
Monday I made a cake and taught Paula about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I feel like a can competently teach the gospel now.
Tuesday we had a party. We worked hard to bring it about to get our investigators to church, but they didn´t come although they said they would. We therefore only had the Bishop there from our ward. Our fault because I forgot to tell people about it only until right before it happened. He seemed to enjoy it though, along with people from all the other wards. We had a tree of life game, and food, and some games.
Wednesday we had Zone conference. We learned about the atonement. As I observe the conduct of other missionaries, I feel inadequate. Some of them are very impressive in all aspects. Spiritual, funny, confident, and all around good missionaries. I have so much I need to improve. Anyways, we had a game. We were blindfolded and we supposed to go to the still small voice. There were a bunch of other voices though distracting me. I kicked one of them real hard, and then felt awful realizing that I was not playing with my cousins in Idaho (we would play a blindfold game where the blindfolded person of the trampoline would try to hit or kick the non blindfolded people who would taunt the blind person). The only time I had voices taunting me when I was blindfolded was that, and I always tried to kick them, and in Zone conference I did just that. It´s hard to realize I am no longer a kid and am in the real world. Need to change a few things.
Thursday we organized the area book.
Friday not sure what I did.
Saturday we went to Chichinales and talked to people who had never talked to missionaries which was exciting.
Sunday, Paula did not come to church to get confirmed. There is a seventy year old alcoholic we visited. Poor guy. Makes me upset how he has messed up his life so much, and says he wants to change, but will at this time and for the last four years that he has been talking to missionaries, has not been acting accordingly. You want people to be happy, but sometimes they don´t seem to want to.
Today we ate lunch with a member by the river.
Just like to let everyone know that I do know that there is a God, and that this is his church. I do not understand most things, but this I do know, that this is his work. It´s hard, it tires me, and sometimes it is easy to lose hope. Nevertheless I know that this is His work. It was not easy for Christ in Gethsemane. It will not be easy for us either. This eternal life. There is nothing of greater value. At times I would like to just say, nope, none of it´s true, God doesn´t exist, I´m just going to go and be self interested and not think about others and leave it at that. But nope. I know it´s true. However hard I try I cannot deny it. I have received that knowledge and it can never leave me.
Everybody, take a second or two and think about eternity. Are you living in such a way that brings peace to you and others now, and joy in the eternities to come? What is really important when all is said and done (meaning when you are dead)?
-Elder Reed
Zone conference

No comments:

Post a Comment