Monday, August 15, 2011
Daniel got baptized
I found an awesome quote. It was written down and put on the wall, I loved it so much. I am going to acquire an good translation of it in Spanish. Here it is:
¨The man who has a certain religious belief and fears to discuss it, lest it may be proved wrong, is not loyal to his belief, he has but a coward´s faithfulness to his prejudices. If he were a lover of truth, he would be willing at any moment to surrender his belief for a higher, better, and truer faith.¨
-William George Jordan
Do you guys love truth? Are you seeking after it?
About the week.
Word got to me that Daniel Guenul got baptized in Plottier.
He met missionaries seven years ago and took lessons from a number of them. He received a testimony at that same time. Don´t know why he did not get baptized at that time. Six and a half years later is when I come around. Three missionaries had found him the week before as a reference of a member. He was married to an inactive member and collectively have five children. They are both police. They knew the basics of the restoration and knew it to be true. Over six months I taught them all of the lessons. They went to church (for the first time in his life, and for her the first time in fifteen years where she was the first one to share her testimony). He said he was going to get baptized, but was not ready yet although he was obeying all the commandments (except church) and knew it was true. I left, and Elder Asay left, and then decided to get baptized with the new Elders. That´s awesome. This time around he went through seven missionaries. Seven years ago six to eight. Seven years and fifteen missionaries. It makes me happy to have helped him learn the gospel. He said he always felt there was something special about him and I am sure he is a future church leader here in the South.
This week was good. Taught Sonia and Maria. Not sure what to do. Feel inadequate at times as a missionary. Need to improve many things. Elder Cooper is learning Spanish. He is a cool companion.
Paola has not come to church and has not gotten confirmed. Causing lots of people some grief. Hope she is willing to make good decisions.
Getting warmer here.
-Elder Reed
Preparation Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment