So I do have some experiences with the recent converts. On
Tuesday we did a ¨Splash¨ in Km 5, part of my first area of the mission.
I learned there that two of my ¨converts¨ moved to my current area,
Standard. I was able to find one of them named Ade. We talked and her
deal is she has no friends at church so we are going to work on that.
Still has a testimony. It´s cool that these people moved to my current
area. Sad that she is not active, but crazy she moved from my old area
to my current one. Also, the girl I baptized, Patricia lives in my area,
we just don´t know where.
During this splash some other Elders found Luis. He was telling the Elders about how he was going to end his life a couple of years ago when he prayed for help and the missionaries showed up. He told them those missionaries taught him many things and he had been to church. He said he had even had a baptisimal interview. I listened and told the Elders I was one of those missionaries he was talking about. He did everything up to his interview he was supposed to have with President Peterson, where he then moved and we lost contact with him. Now he had prayed again, and Elder Streadbeck and Elder Wagstaff showed up. Interesting for me for them to have found him right when I come back to Comodoro.
In Barrion La Pride, we taught a person who pointed to Ade´s old house and said, I´ve seen you guys visiting that house, and always wondered what you were sharing. (She was watching me and others teach Adelina) and then I was teaching her.
During this splash some other Elders found Luis. He was telling the Elders about how he was going to end his life a couple of years ago when he prayed for help and the missionaries showed up. He told them those missionaries taught him many things and he had been to church. He said he had even had a baptisimal interview. I listened and told the Elders I was one of those missionaries he was talking about. He did everything up to his interview he was supposed to have with President Peterson, where he then moved and we lost contact with him. Now he had prayed again, and Elder Streadbeck and Elder Wagstaff showed up. Interesting for me for them to have found him right when I come back to Comodoro.
In Barrion La Pride, we taught a person who pointed to Ade´s old house and said, I´ve seen you guys visiting that house, and always wondered what you were sharing. (She was watching me and others teach Adelina) and then I was teaching her.
So Elder Streadbeck and I had a couple of setbacks. We are
teaching a cute Bolivian family. I felt we needed them to get involved
with the ward to get them to church on Sunday. We set up a noche de
hogar with a member family. We went to our investigators house and they
were all dressed up and ready to go. We went to the member´s house to
find him stressed out and very unhappy. His mother in law and recently
been robbed and the situation was just awkward, so our investigators
went home. Also it looks like the squatter nieghbourhood where most of
our investigators live is going to be demolished in a couple months, it
being on oil company land. Many members are very mad at the people
there, such as the member who´s mother in law was robbed by people from
that area. The Bolivian family we took to the noche de hogar happen to
be from that area.
A couple of members put forth the question ¨Can you guys baptize squatters (and illegal immigrants) because they are not keeping the law? They are not repentant if they still are living on taken land.¨ Uhh.
A couple of members put forth the question ¨Can you guys baptize squatters (and illegal immigrants) because they are not keeping the law? They are not repentant if they still are living on taken land.¨ Uhh.
So it´s a little frustrating the members are mad with the people
who are stealing light, water, etc. who happen to be many of our
investigators. Meanwhile we have been finding investigators who are not
illegal and live in legal neighbourhoods.
-Elder Reed
-Elder Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment