People,
Everything is so wierd to me. Comodoro Rivadavia used to be my home, and
once again is. I was assigned to Standard which is part of my old district. A
year and a half ago I had probably spent almost a week in my area. I had slept
in my current house, I had met some of the members.I know the name and location
of all of the neighbourhoods in my current area. As I pass through my old area
memories pour in, I recognize houses. I remember who lives where, how they
treated me when I knocked their door, everything. When I was here a year and a
half in Comodoro my companions and I moved around and worked a lot. I never
every street. Everything So it´s crazy wierd to me. I never thought I would
come back to Comodoro, but am now pretty much back to where I started. They
added four more missionaries to the district and cut the areas in half since I
was last here.
The four missionaries in my old area have not been willing to talk to me
but from what I have picked up the three people who I found and were later
baptized are more than inactive, and the less active family we helped get back
to church soon went inactive after Elder Hernandez (old comp) and I left, but
just recently came back to church again. So whatever. As I am no longer district
leader I can´t do divisions in my old area, but am looking for a way to go back
and visit people.
So I am with Elder Streadbeck. He should be a senior companion already
because he has over a year in the mission but than I was in Bariloche so now we
are companions. I was the last person he thought would be his mission companion.
He said he laughed when he heard I was coming. He is from California and we knew
each other in Villa Regina where I was his District Leader. He said he knew what
he was getting in to from having known me before. He´s way cool and we have been
working hard.
Stories of the week. It was eight at night an dark when I heard a
familiar music. I´m like, ¨I haven´t heard music than ugly in almost five years.
I have only heard that music when I was living in Paraguay. Why, that is POLKA
PARAGUAYA,¨ I said, ¨Elder Streadbeck, there are Paraguayos in that house, lets
go over and see what´s up. We went over and the Paraguayans being themselves
immediately invited us out back where they were cooking a cow head in a hole for
what the twenty-one year old guy said was his birthday. So we talked about
Paraguay and Paraguayan things. We taught them English and they taught us
Guarani. Elder Streadbeck thought it was hilarious that they would laugh about
everything without being drunk.We took out the head and went inside and with a
bunch of Paraguayos ate cow head and Sopa Paraguaya. I ate the eye and brain. So
we had a good time then left. So different from Argentines. Argentines tell you
to get lost, if they are eating or doing whatever. Paraguayos let you right in
and share whatever they have. Elder Streadbeck was like, ¨Yeah, I see why they
baptize so much in Paraguay, Brazil, Mexizo,etc. People there actually let you
into their houses.
Other then that we worked a lot and were able to find a couple of what
seem like good potential investigators. So I´m back in the South. Here people
come from all over South America to work. No one leaves there houses ever and
never excerice, so they are all pretty ugly. Way different from Bariloche and
Villa Regina. Back in the wind, dirt, streets with sewage all over them from the
sewer that regularly spills (no joke, it stinks) over,and living in a house that
seems to be built in 1892.
So I am happy. I feel to be living in the past. So wierd being where I
started. I still have while before I end my mission so should be able to do some
good here.
-Elder Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment